by Amy Moritz
It's a lonely weekend in Western New York for college hockey with both Canisius and Niagara on the road. But here's the skinny to keep you informed on what's-what as they look to gain momentum, and points, in the Atlantic Hockey kingdom.
Canisius vs. American International
Springfield, Mass., Olympia Ice Center
Friday 7:05/Saturday 3:05
- Canisius has a 14-game unbeaten streak against AIC, going 12-0-2 since the 2008-09 season.
- The Ice Griffs started the season 2-10-0 on the road but they've won their last three games away from home. Should they win tonight, it will be the first time the Griffs have won four straight road games since 2000-01.
- Kyle Gibbons is just nine goals shy of Cory Conacher's career mark of 62 goals.
- And in cased you missed it, Taylor Law is creating a solid senior season with a new role for himself after missing 39 games the past two seasons with injuries. Law scored twice for the Griffs in a 7-4 win at Mercyhurst last weekend.
Niagara vs. Sacred Heart
Milford, Conn., Milford Ice Pavilion
Friday 7:05 p.m./Saturday 7:05 p.m.
- Niagara swept RIT in a home-and-home last weekend paced by junior Isaac Kohls who now has 11 points in his last seven games. Kohls scored the first goal in both games against the Tigers and now has 20 points on the season.
- It's a good bet that Adrian Ignagni will be in goal for the Purps after he had a breakout weekend making 69 saves in the pair of wins.
- Niagara has won nine of the last 10 meetings with Sacred Heart, outscoring the Pioneers 40-17 in that span.