If you happen to have been one of the several hundred in attendance when the Low Anthem opened for the Swell Season at Ani DiFranco's Babeville, you know that the former church felt like sacred ground on that night. This band crafts haunted songs, mellow but hypnotic little bits of audio verite that feel somehow familiar upon first hearing. The band will drop a new album, "Smart Flesh, on February 22nd, via Nonesuch Records. Apparently feeling a bit of holiday season generosity, the Low Anthem is offering a free download of the song that will open "Smart Flesh," "Ghost Woman Blues." Here it is.
- Jeff Miers
Here's a live rendition of the song, too.
- K. Lorraine Graham to be featured guest at Silo City Reading Series event Friday
- 'The Most Dangerous Book' author Birmingham to visit Burchfield-Penney Friday
- Poet Philip Metres to headline Silo City Reading Series launch
- Buffalo Reading Invasion returns to Bidwell Parkway Monday
- Live chat at noon: Miers on Music