During a press conference held this afternoon at Goo Goo Dolls bassist Robby Takac's GCR Audio Studios in Buffalo, the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame announced its inductees for the class of 2012.
The inductees will be honored at a ceremony slated to take place at the Tralf Music Hall on Thursday, October 4th.
As has been the case for many years, the BMHOF is honoring a broad cast of characters from varied walks of musical life this year. In addition to the main Performer Category, the BMHOF also honors inductees in the non-performer category, as well as bestowing its Legacy and President's Awards.
The following will join such previous inductees as Ani DiFranco, Willie Nile, the Goo Goo Dolls, and Brian McKnight as the class of 2012.
- Bob Falk (guitarist; the Shadows, Lee Ron Zydeco, Hot Guitars of Buffalo)
- Al Hury (drummer; Joyryde, Sky, CPR Band, Black Cat Blues Band)
- Bernie Kugel (revered "Godfather of the Buffalo punk scene," member of Mystic Eyes and the Good)
- Shawn McQuiller (singer; Kool & the Gang)
- Mary Louise Nana (Acting Assistant Concert Master, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra; Conductor/Musical Director ARS Nova Musicians Chamber Orchestra)
- Stave Sadoff (Esteemed session musician and performing artist)
- Tadj Szymczak (Polka musician; Jerry Darlek and the Touch)
- Pat Wilson (Drummer; Weezer)
- Carmeron Baird (Instrumental in establishing the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra; Violist with the BPO)
- Arlester "Dyke" Christian (Musician, songwriter: Dyke and the Blazers. Wrote the classic "Funky Broadway.)
- Tom Lorenz (Revered music educator)
- Ralph Parker (guitarist; Billy McEwen, the Road)
- Tune Rockers (Band; had hit in 1958 with "Green Mosquito," appeared on Dick Clark's American Bandstand)
- Marc Hunt (Musician, producer, engineer)
- Armand John Petri (producer, engineer, musician; worked with Sixpence None the Richer, Goo Goo Dolls, John & Mary, 10,000 Maniacs)
- The Dunlop Brothers (Recently rediscovered pianist Boyd Lee Dunlop and his drummer brother Frankie Dunlop )
Congratulations to all the inductees!
- Jeff Miers