Only three days of Infringement remain. If you haven't yet Infringed, the final weekend of the festival is jammed with hundreds of performances of every conceivable stripe. Here are just five of the many dozens of performances on the slate for today:
• Steve Roylance, whose play "Dependent, Undisciplined and Sleeping Late" played Road Less Traveled Productions' Blacklight series earlier this year, will present his "City Sketches" fro 3 to 3:45 p.m. in Main (St)udios.
• What the Infringement Festival would be like without "El" the Mime, I would rather not imagine. You can catch her 15-minute performance of "Midnight Snack" and "Inconvenient Robbery" at 4:30 p.m. in El Buen Amigo.
• One of the best parts of the Infringement Festival is the opportunity to encounter motley bands of eccentric artists and personalities wandering through the streets of Allentown. Today, an event that's been dubbed "Infringement on Parade" begins at 5 p.m. at Casa de Arte and Old Wondermoth and makes its way to various Allentown venues throughout the evening. From 6 to 9 p.m., you may also encounter members of "Artists and Cyclists," including the 12/8 Path Band, "artist tables and installations, recycled bicycle art and activities from GO Bike Buffalo."
• As part of the always-busy Allentown First Fridays gallery walk, several Infringement venues will be holding art openings. These include Casa de Arte, where the themed group show "Booze and Drugs: The Ravages of Addiction" is on view; as well as installations, exhibitions and performances at Coming Home, El Museo and Sp@ce 224, among others.
• Starlight Studio, an organization dedicated to helping the developmentally disabled through the arts, will host its own opening at 7 p.m. The event will feature members of Starlight's art/poetry group "Monsters for Peace on Earth" -- captured at the end of this video in early July -- as well as readings of "Monsters for Peace"-themed works by Robin Brox and Geoffrey Gatza.
taggedArt | Dance | Film | Infringement Festival | Poetry | Theater