Skip to primary navigation Skip to main content

Silent, deadly and tragic beyond words

      It is every parent's worst nightmare: to send your child off to something as innocuous as a sleep-over and to find out the next morning your child is dead.

   Amanda Hansen, who was just 16, died during a sleep-over at the home of the friend, Devon Sharvan.

   Authorities believe an undetected problem with the boiler -- which was inside the closet next to where the girls slept on blankets and pillows in the basement of the house -- released the deadly carbon monoxide that killed Amanda and nearly killed Devon.

   While there are lessons to be learned about checking your boiler and making sure you have carbon monoxide detectors in your home, there is no escaping the tragedy of the loss of a young life.

   If you would like to comment on the story, or leave a tribute to Amanda, please do so.

-- Maki Becker

tagged

News stories
comments powered by Disqus