By Denise Jewell Gee
Stefan Mychajliw is gearing up to become county comptroller in January with a new panel of advisors.
Mychajliw, a Republican who defeated County Comptroller David Shenk in November, has named a 12-member "advisory council" to help with the transition and to guide his work once in office. The group will also review recommendations for available positions in the Comptroller's Office.
Paul F. Ciminelli, president and CEO of Ciminelli Real Estate Corp., will serve as chairman. The other members will include:
- Robert M. Glaser, managing director and chairman of Freed Maxick and former chairman of the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority
- Philip C. Kadet, certified public accountant, Lumsden & McCormick
- Nancy Naples, former Erie County comptroller and former commissioner of the state Department of Motor Vehicles
- Daniel C. Oliverio, attorney, Hodgson Russ, and former chairman of the Erie County Fiscal Stability Authority
- Colleen DiPirro, president and CEO, Amherst Chamber of Commerce
- Alfred Hammonds Jr., former deputy Erie County executive
- Mark Hamister, chairman and CEO, The Hamister Group Inc.
- Philip Corwin, president, Corwin Holdings LLC
- Martha Lamparelli, chairwoman, Erie County “21st Century Commission”
- Russ Gugino, aide to former U.S. Rep. Jack Kemp
- Randall Best, vice president of business development, Gernatt Asphalt Products Inc.
Mychajliw met last week with Shenk to discuss the transition.