Careful what you wish for, Richard Heene. The Colorado father wanted to be on a reality TV show, and now he is on the most real, with intense scrutiny from the media and law enforcement. TMZ is over-flowing with Heene related tidbits. Where to begin?
• Richard Heene had a profile on the website RealityWanted.com where he pitched himself as a research scientist and general contractor.
• The FAA is investigating Heene with regard to releasing a tethered balloon without authorization, and for filing a false report. While the charges aren't criminal, they could result in a big fine.
• The producer of "Extreme Home Makeover" says Heene pitched a show to him, and lied about exclusivity. Tom Forman says Heene made a personal pitch to the TLC network for a show despite telling Forman he was only in negotiations with him.
• The Hennes were previously reported to Child and Family Services in 2006.
• A clip of Heene's amateur show "The Psyience Detectives" in which he joked launching a 60 lb rocket was like launching one of his sons into space.
• Henne dabbled in writing his own theme music for shows he was pitching.
• Heene was arrested in 1997 and charged with misdemeanor vandalism, vehicle tampering, and disturbing the peace.
• • •
Meanhwile, the Denver Post has a story about how Richard Heene has been chasing fame for years, and interviews friends and acquaintances of Heene who recount some of his desperation. Failed open-mic stand-up appearances. Volatile behavior while filming storm chases. Trying to get talk show host Jimmy Kimmel to give him $25,000 to put his name on a rocket Heene would fire into space. Stiffed a photographer out of $6,000. Not very flattering stuff. As former friend, actor/comedian Perry Caravello said of Heene, "I'm embarrassed to say I know this guy."
• • •
Beyonce has postponed a concert in Malaysia because of concerns by Muslim politicians who look at the performer's act as possibly immoral under Islamic law. This is the second time that Beyonce has had troubles in Malaysia. In 2007 the singer had to cancel a show when the youth wing of the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party protested the show.
TMZ founder Harvey Levin says he will fight the Los Angeles sheriff's department, who pulled his company's phone records in the investigation to determine who leaked the details of Mel Gibson's 2006 arrest.
• • •
Whitney Houston had a near wardrobe malfunction Janet Jackson-class while performing on Simon Cowell's "X-Factor" show in the UK. While performing "Million Dollar Bill," the strap on the singer's dress came untied, leaving the possibility that her top would topple. But Houston made it through the song without losing her top or poise. After her performance, she quipped "I sang myself out of my clothes!"
• • •
The wife of actor Eddie Furlong has asked to withdraw the restraining order she had placed on the actor, saying that she wants their split to be amicable and that Furlong has taken steps to prove he is on the right track. Rachael Kneeland had accused Furlong of threatening her life while in drug fueled episodes, and asked for a restraining order for protection. "We're actually friends. We're not having a bad divorce. We just ran into some issues. Eddie did some things to prove to me that he's back on track with his life and that's all I wanted," Kneeland said.
• • •
Former Miss California Carrie Prejean is being sued by a production company for the boob job they helped her get. K2 Productions is seeking $5,200 from Prejean, who was stripped of her Miss California crown, for the breast augmentation surgery for which they paid.
• • •
David Hasselhoff is in discussions with the A&E network for a documentary-style reality show, which would feature The Hoff and his kids. Despite a tweet by Hassellhoff daughter Hayley stating that the contracts had been signed, The Hoff's rep says the deal is not done.
• • •
It's been a few months since Adam Lambert ended the last "American Idol" season as its runner-up. But he has an album coming, a song featured in a big film, and has no problem glamming it up. Lambert has tongues wagging over his new photo shoot with Details magazine. Oh, and he did an interview too.