And now, ladies and gentlemen, we are entering the time of year that makes voting in the poll just a little easier -- the playoffs.
Every week nine voters participate in The News' large and small school polls. The poll is published each Tuesday in the Sidelines of the Scholastic Spotlight.
And here's this week's:
1. Sweet Home (7-0) [last week: 1] - Odds pointing to another Iroquois postseason meeting.
2. North Tonawanda (7-0)  - First rounder is not exactly a first rounder as Frontier visits.
3. Lancaster (7-0)  - Survive on the scoreboard at Depew, but Jankiewicz said the Redskins have lost more troops.
4. Orchard Park (6-1)  - As predicted, they seem to be rolling at the right time.
5. Hamburg (6-1)  - Last week I chided voters for moving Bulldogs past Iroquois. This week, there's enough reason to after the Bulldogs followed a big win over Frontier by toughing out a close win over ...
6. Williamsville South (6-1)  - ... a South team that came a two-point conversion short of remaining undefeated.
7. Canisius (3-4)  - Definitely hard to gauge where these inconsistent guys should be slotted, perhaps moreso after St. Joe's shutout a team the Crusaders lost to (Kearney).
8. Iroquois (5-2)  - But the Chiefs beat Hamburg! But the Chiefs lost to South. We consider Nos. 3-9 in this poll quite close.
9. St. Joe's (3-4)  - Follow a gutsy win at St. Francis with a clean win at Kearney. Extremely impressive.
10. Riverside (5-1) [NR] - Dominance in the city puts them here, barely by a chin strap ahead of Grand Island.
1. Southwestern (7-0)  - How long have these guys waited for another postseason to start?
2. Cheektowaga (7-0)  - Our top seed in B, but the bracket just might be up for grabs, starting with a tough Dunkirk team visiting in Round One.
3. Eden (7-0)  - Season points against: 12. Wow.
4. Cleveland Hill (6-1)  - Might have toughest first rounder for a top seed as Fredonia -- a team that played at The Ralph last year -- plays the Golden Eagles, and (like last year's semifinal loss), the game is at a neutral site (Depew).
5. Depew (5-2)  - 41-40 in overtime to Lancaster? These Wildcats are explosive.
6. Cassadaga Valley (6-1)  - Host Wilson in what could be an interesting one.
7. Burgard (5-0)  - Bulldogs still undefeated, still beating large schools.
8. Cardinal O'Hara (5-1)  - Handled St. Mary's in a big way despite turnover trouble.
9. East Aurora (5-2) [NR] - A trip to Olean that was supposed to be tough turned into a blowout win for the quite-hot Blue Devils. Super hot right now, but loss to Pioneer keeps them from making a super splash up the board.
10. Randolph (6-1)  - They get our Class D spot because the loss was by a point way back in Week One to Maple Grove, and since then the Grove has stumbled while Randolph hasn't.
Don't like what you're reading? The comment space is below.
Also, visit here Wednesday for a live chat with yours truly at 7 p.m.---Keith McShea
taggedHigh school football