Two Section VI teams -- Middle College and Maple Grove -- will be moving on to the state final four after Section VI went 2 for 5 in Saturday's Far West Regionals.
Reporter/videographer/producer Lauren Mariacher was under the weather so thanks much to Joe Popiolkowski for filling in.
Let us know what you think.
* * *
Also check out an extensive photo gallery by News photographer Mark Mulville.
* * *
Here's your own PrepTalkTV DVR loaded with our previous episodes:
* Overall A & B finals (March 13): Williamsville South, Olean move on to the regionals.
* Championship Saturday (March 6): Winning titles were, in order, Akron (B-2), Olean (B-1), East (A-2), Williamsville South (A-1) and Jamestown (AA).
* Section VI C & D championships (March 5): Middle College (C) and Maple Grove (D) are champions.
* Manhattan Cup championship (Feb. 28): Nichols and its seniors romp to the title.
* Section VI quarterfinals (Feb. 27): Clarence and North Tonawanda have big wins and we look ahead to the final fours at Buffalo State and Jamestown Community College.
* Manhattan Cup semifinals (Feb. 23): Nichols-Canisius showdown set after both win big.
* Scarcello's buzzer-beater helps Timon to final four (Feb. 21): Bishop Timon-St. Jude got past St. Joe's in a Manhattan Cup quarterfinal thriller to join Nichols, Canisius and St. Mary's in the semifinals.
* Last day of the regular season (Feb. 19): Middle College wins the Yale Cup, Lancaster beats Depew.
* Big wins for Nichols, East (Feb. 17): Nichols clobbers Canisius, East tops Grover Cleveland.
* Nowak's buzzer-beater stuns Jamestown (Feb. 12): Orchard Park's thrilling win, plus action from Nichols and Lackawanna.
* Super Tuesday (Feb. 9): North Tonawanda sweeps Niagara Falls; Maryvale and McKinley win on the busiest night of the year.
* Sweet Home is ShellStrong (Feb. 5): Panthers basketball hosts a great fundraising night.
taggedBasketball | Jamestown | Maple Grove | Middle College | Olean | Video | Williamsville South