Every week a panel of voters participate in The News' large and small school football polls.
Here's our shot as we head to the semifinals after some interesting results, both in Section VI and the Monsignor Martin Association.
1. Orchard Park (9-0) [last week: 1] -- Nothing new here, see you Friday at The Ralph ...
2. St. Joe's (7-2)  -- ... or here (see you next Thursday at The Ralph) ...
3. St. Francis (6-3)  -- ... or here (see you next Thursday at The Ralph as well).
4. Jamestown (8-1)  -- Last week the Red Raiders moved down from this spot based on a close call at home with Lockport. This week they got their starting QB back, dominated the second half against the top-10 Class AA North champs, so I returned them here. Still seeing an edge to AA over As mostly because ...
5. Sweet Home (9-0)  -- ... these Panthers keep winning but keep doing it in less-than-dominant fashion ...
6. Williamsville South (9-0)  -- ... while these Billies' close call with NT, in my opinion, keeps them closer to a balanced Class A. And it's a Class A that I'd put behind team that has been dominant in AA South with a lone loss to OP (of course, that would be Jamestown).
7. Bishop Timon-St. Jude (7-2)  -- Fine effort against St. Joe's into the second half, certainly worthy of them pretty much staying put. Said it last week: If DiMillo is still playing, might have these guys higher.
8. North Tonawanda (7-2)  -- Impressive finish going back-and-forth with South most of the night.
9. Kenmore West (7-2)  -- Big loss to Jamestown is a reason why the conventional wisdom will continue to be: AA South is a significant notch better than AA North.
10. Bennett (5-4) [NR] -- Very nice job hanging with Sweet Home.
Best of the rest? Niagara Falls stays ahead of Clarence due to the quarterfinal win. Part of me wants to say that Canisius could beat those two, and maybe Bennett, but they have to show more than they did in a blowout at St. Francis.
1. Alden (9-0)  -- Bulldogs were very impressive in their 21-0 home shutout of Pioneer that gave them a rematch, as many had hoped for, with ...
2. Depew (8-1)  -- ... the Wildcats.
3. Cheektowaga (7-2)  -- The Warriors definitely need to stay here after a one-TD loss to Depew.
4. Maple Grove (8-0)  -- Red Dragons back at The Ralph for 11th time in 15 years after missing out last season (when Silver Creek beat Randolph).
5. Pioneer (8-1)  -- The way Class C played out keeps very good B teams -- not to mention the D above -- ahead of the C Ralph reps.
6. Lackawanna (6-3)  -- I know they lost to a good team in Albion ... but as far as the poll goes, I don't put a lot of stock into the consolation matchup games.
7. Frewsburg (7-2)  -- Should be a fun D final. The Bears did more than get revenge on Randolph, they did it in a big way.
8. Southwestern (8-1) [NR] -- Well if it isn't our old friends the Trojans. After OT win, Sirianni said ...
9. Fredonia (8-1)  -- ... the Hillbillies might have been the better team.
10. Cleveland Hill (8-1)  -- Golden Eagles' home loss to Fredonia late in regular season has to keep them behind the two aforementioned C Southeners.
The mythical No. 11 is Randolph.
Don't like what you're reading? The comment space is below, let us know via Twitter or facebook (addresses below), or join the live chat Wednesday evening (which starts live-video style at 8).