By Keith McShea
Tonight was to be a very busy one in high school sports ... until the snow rolled in.
Updates we are aware of are listed below:
* All Buffalo Public Schools afterschool and evening activities have been canceled.
* All Niagara-Wheatfield sports events and practices have been canceled.
* In Niagara Frontier League boys basketball, these games have been postponed and rescheduled: Grand Island at Niagara-Wheatfield (postponed to Monday at 6:30 p.m.), Lew-Port at North Tonawanda (postponed to Monday at 7), Lockport at Niagara Falls (postponed to Monday at 6:30).
* The Alden at Eden boys basketball game has been postponed to Feb. 13.
* Tonight's Federation hockey game of Amherst vs. Lew-Port at Niagara University has been postponed to 9:30 a.m. Sunday at Northtown Center.
* Canisius' trip to the elite Primetime Shootout in New Jersey has been canceled. The Crusaders had been set to face St. Joseph's of N.J. and Kentucky recruit Karl Towns (so one storm postpones another, heh-heh).
* In an out-of-town postponement, the state girls hockey final four was pushed back one day. Originally the semifinals were to be held tonight with the championship game Saturday afternoon. The revised schedule has Kenmore playing Beekmantown at 2 p.m. Saturday (Potsdam and Alexandria Bay play at noon). The final is now Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
If you have UPDATES, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com, or tweet them to @KeithMcSheaBN.
* * *
I will be covering Randolph at undefeated No. 2 small school Silver Creek in boys basketball tonight at 7:30. That game is on. It looks like from our buffalonews.com report this afternoon that the storm will break about the time I'd be heading down there.
Also still on, according to updates from the schools involved (as of 3 p.m.) are these very good boys hoops matchups: Williamsville South at Sweet Home and Bishop Timon-St. Jude at St. Joe's (confirmed by St. Joe's coach Mark Simon at 5 p.m.).