Attention fall coaches
The News is asking coaches of all fall sports other than football to report their scores to us via email.
Coaches from the winning team should email firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 minutes of the conclusion of their contest.
Coaches need to provide the final score along with the following information they have traditionally called in to us:
• Whether it is a nonleague or league contest (with what league).
• At least two “highlight” players (leading scorers or statistical standouts, game-winning goal and/or assist, goalie and saves, etc.). Please include players’ first and last names, with the correct spellings, along with their position and year in school.
• Any other notable information about the contest. For example: if any records were broken (please also supply the old record); if teams have a lengthy win streak going (or had one broken); if it is the first time in several seasons that one school has beaten another; implications in the league standings (or playoff race when the time comes);
• The winning team’s overall and league records, and their next game, especially if the next game it is a big matchup;
• The head coach’s phone number so, if need be, we can follow up to obtain more details and reaction about the game.
• Football scores should be called into The News as soon as possible on Friday nights via 849-4461. Callers should have the complete box score (including all scoring plays) as well as key statistics and plays from the game.
We appreciate the time, effort and diligence that high school coaches put into reporting their scores to The News.