By Keith McShea
The New York State Sportswriters Association released its third football polls of the season today.
That main link goes to the Class AA & A polls and that page includes a link to Classes B, C and D.
Some quick items worth noting, and the complete breakdown of local teams in the state poll:
Here is the complete local rundown of the state rankings, which can be found at the NYSSWA's Road to Syracuse web site:
1. V-Aquinas (last week: 1); 4. Canisius (5); 10. Jamestown (14); 24. St. Joe's (9). Honorable mention (these are last week's, there were no HMs this week): Frontier, Kenmore West, Lancaster, Orchard Park.
* St. Anthony's of Long Island is eighth (St. Joe's beat visiting St. Anthony's in Week One).
1. Sweet Home (1); 11. South Park (13); 19. Grand Island (22); 20. McKinley (co-25). HM: No HMs this week, these are last week's or a best assumption: Williamsville South (co-25), Kenmore East, St. Mary's, West Seneca East, Williamsville North
* Section III (Syracuse area) school Jamesville-Dewitt (3-2), which beat Cheektowaga, 13-12, in Week One at the Carrier Dome, had been an Class A honorable mention all season.
1. IV-Maine-Endwell (1); 3. Alden (3); 10. Cheektowaga (11); 11. Burgard (10); 12. Depew (15). HM (last week): Albion, Eden, Lew-Port, Medina, Pioneer.
* Section III's Oneida (4-1), which routed Pioneer in Week One, is 13th.
1. II-Hoosick Falls (1); 6. Cleveland Hill (6); 9. Fredonia (9). HM (last week): Lackawanna, Salamanca, Tonawanda.
* Section V's Attica (4-1), which beat Bennett, 7-6, in Week Five, had been an honorable mention.
1. Randolph (1); 4. Maple Grove/Chautauqua Lake (6). HM (last week): Cattaraugus/Little Valley; Frewsburg, Panama, Sherman.
* * *
taggedFootball | High school football | NYSSWA rankings