By Tim Graham
New York Jets left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson has been selected for the Pro Bowl the past three straight seasons. He's reliable and durable, starting every game since he entered the NFL in 2006.
Outfits that track sacks allowed suggest Ferguson slipped last year. STATS Inc. blamed him for 9.5 of the 40 sacks New York allowed. ProFootballFocus.com pegged him for eight sacks allowed.
But the reason sacks allowed aren't an official stat is because the evaluator, to be precise, must know every lineman's assignment and that he isn't compensating for an overmatched teammate. Not helping Ferguson is that for the past two seasons he has been lined up alongside pedestrian left guard Matt Slauson.
Ferguson last year was flagged for three false starts but didn't commit a holding penalty.
Ferguson's parents named him after Father Ralph de Bricassart, the lead character from the hit miniseries "The Thorn Birds."
Selected in the first round (fourth overall) in the 2006 draft.
Hint about No. 11
He's one of the list's three remaining players who wasn't drafted.
Picks to date
12. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets left tackle
13. Kyle Williams, Bills defensive tackle
14. Sione Pouha, Jets defensive tackle
15. Jairus Byrd, Bills safety
16. Brandon Lloyd, Patriots receiver
17. Stevie Johnson, Bills receiver
18. Reggie Bush, Dolphins running back
19. Jerod Mayo, Patriots inside linebacker
20. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
21. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
22. Aaron Hernandez, Patriots tight end
23. Marcell Dareus, Bills defensive tackle
24. Antonio Cromartie, Jets cornerback
25. Eric Wood, Bills center