By Tim Graham
New England Patriots captain Vince Wilfork is one of the NFL's elite interior linemen and the glue that has held together a sometimes-shoddy defense in recent years. He was chosen for his fourth Pro Bowl last season, his third in a row. He has been a second-team All-Pro four times.
Wilfork last year led the Patriots' D-line with 74 tackles (Patriots coaching staff film review) and recorded a career-high 3.5 sacks. He intercepted two passes, forced a fumble and recovered two, one for his first NFL touchdown. He added 2.5 more sacks in the postseason.
In his eight seasons, has helped the Patriots finish in the top 10 in points allowed six times. He has missed only six games over his career.
Wilfork's two interceptions last season made him only the second defensive lineman (Anthony Pleasant in 2001) in Patriots history to have that many.
Selected in the first round (21st overall) of the 2004 draft.
Hint about No. 6
As a high school senior he averaged 10 yards per rushing attempt and blocked five kicks.
Picks to date
7. Vince Wilfork, Patriots nose tackle
8. Jake Long, Dolphins left tackle
9. Logan Mankins, Patriots left guard
10. Cameron Wake, Dolphins outside linebacker
11. Fred Jackson, Bills running back
12. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets left tackle
13. Kyle Williams, Bills defensive tackle
14. Sione Pouha, Jets defensive tackle
15. Jairus Byrd, Bills safety
16. Brandon Lloyd, Patriots receiver
17. Stevie Johnson, Bills receiver
18. Reggie Bush, Dolphins running back
19. Jerod Mayo, Patriots inside linebacker
20. Randy Starks, Dolphins defensive lineman
21. Sebastian Vollmer, Patriots right tackle
22. Aaron Hernandez, Patriots tight end
23. Marcell Dareus, Bills defensive tackle
24. Antonio Cromartie, Jets cornerback
25. Eric Wood, Bills center