By Tim Graham
PITTSFORD -- The Buffalo Bills concluded their public portion of training camp at St. John Fisher College tonight. They'll practice here once more Wednesday -- fans won't be allowed to attend -- before breaking for Orchard Park.
A few notes from tonight:
* Bills coach Chan Gailey revealed he is targeting 20 snaps for his starters in Friday night's preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings in the Metrodome.
* Gailey also reaffirmed Vince Young will quarterback the second unit.
* Two players suffered injuries tonight that required X-rays: defensive tackle Kellen Heard (right leg) and offensive lineman James Carmon (Gailey thought it was a wrist injury).
* The Bills finished practice with a dozen Wildcat snaps for Brad Smith. "We are a lot further along as far as how to use him and what we're going to try to do with him," Gailey said of Smith afterward. "I think we have a chance to have a great little package with him. It's going to be good for us, I believe."
* Defensive end Shawne Merriman returned to practice after missing Monday's session with a tight hamstring.