By Tim Graham
Andre Reed and Steve Tasker are among the 27 semifinalists for the 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame ballot.
Names of the semifinalists were announced this afternoon.
Reed has been on the verge of enshrinement. He has been one of the 15 finalists each of the past six years. He's part of a three-man receiver logjam with Cris Carter and Tim Brown, both of whom are semifinalists again this time.
Tasker has been a semifinalist before but never has reached the finalist stage.
Fifteen modern-era finalists will be announced in January and join two Seniors Committee nominees (defensive tackle Curley Culp and linebacker Dave Robinson) for the last vote.
The other semifinalists:
- * Offensive lineman Larry Allen
- * Kicker Morten Andersen
- * Safety Steve Atwater
- * Running back Jerome Bettis
- * Head coach Don Coryell
- * Running back Roger Craig
- * Running back Terrell Davis
- * Owner Eddie DeBartolo
- * Defensive end Kevin Greene
- * Defensive end Charles Haley
- * Tackle Joe Jacoby
- * Cornerback Albert Lewis
- * Safety John Lynch
- * Linebacker Karl Mecklenburg
- * Owner Art Modell
- * Tackle Jonathan Ogden
- * Coach Bill Parcells
- * Defensive tackle Warren Sapp
- * Guard Will Shields
- * Defensive end Michael Strahan
- * Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
- * Defensive back Aeneas Williams
- * Contributor George Young