By Tim Graham
At least for a day, when people think about the future of the Buffalo Bills it won't be in the context of firing Chan Gailey or dumping Ryan Fitzpatrick.
The Buffalo News is reporting the Buffalo Bills, New York State and Erie County have agreed to lease extension for Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is on his way to Orchard Park this morning to announce the deal.
The lease's bullet points from Buffalo News state capital reporter Tom Precious, who spoke with unnamed sources:
- * 10 years in length
- * Bills must pay a $400 million relocation penalty if they leave with one exception
- * Bills have a one-time option to leave after the seventh year with a $28.4 million penalty
- * $130 million will be spent on stadium renovations
- * Bills will contribute $35 million to the renovations
- * State and county to split $95 million on renovations