By Tim Graham
With fans sensitive to the Buffalo Bills' quarterback deficiency and refusal to draft a legitimate prospect, it should be noted half the starting quarterbacks in the playoffs are rookies or sophomores.
Four of the six NFC quarterbacks qualify: rookies Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks), Robert Griffin III (Washington Redskins) and second-year quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick (San Francisco 49ers) and Christian Ponder (Minnesota Vikings).
In the AFC, rookie Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts) and second-year pro Andy Dalton (Cincinnati Bengals) made it.
For the record, here are Buffalo's draft choices through the third round each of the past two years:
- * 10th overall: cornerback Stephon Gilmore
- * 41st overall: tackle Cordy Glenn
- * 69th overall: receiver T.J. Graham
- * 3rd overall: defensive tackle Marcell Dareus
- * 34th overall: cornerback Aaron Williams
- * 68th overall: linebacker Kelvin Sheppard