By Jay Skurski
Doug Marrone's staff with the Buffalo Bills continues to take shape, as the team announced 10 new hires this afternoon.
“When I began the hiring process for our staff, I sought after individuals that had a strong work ethic, passion for the game of football and experience -- which are all qualities demonstrated in each of our new hires," Marrone said in a press release from the team announcing the hires.
The new hires are:
- Running backs coach Tyrone Wheatley
- Tight ends coach Greg Adkins
- Defensive backs coach Donnie Henderson
- Linebackers coaches Chuck Driesbach and Jim O'Neil
- Defensive line coach Anthony Weaver
- Assistant defensive backs coach Anthony Samson
- Defensive quality control coaches Jason Rebrovich and Brian Fleury
- Head strength and conditioning coach Eric Ciano
Ciano is the only coach to have previously served on Chan Gailey's staff with the Bills. The new hires join Marrone and the previously announced coaches: offensive coordinator Nate Hackett, defensive coordinator Mike Pettine and special teams coach Danny Crossman.
Hackett, Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson all worked previously under Marrone at Syracuse.
Marrone has yet to hire a quarterbacks coach, although Hackett served in that role with the Orange along with being the offensive coordinator.
Other positional openings that still remain are at offensive line and wide receiver, as well as an offensive quality control coach.