By Tim Graham
Time to take a spin around the cyberyard to monitor the inexact science of mock drafting.
The Buffalo Bills have the eighth pick in this year's draft, and the soothsayers seem to be throwing darts at this point. The first seven mock drafts I checked this morning had the Bills drafting a different player.
There is, however, a consensus about what position the Bills are targeting in the first round. Six of the 10 analysts from today's sampling have the Bills drafting a quarterback.
These are the latest projections from ESPN analysts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, the NFL.com trio of Gil Brant, Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah, Sporting News reporter Vinnie Iyer, CBSSports.com's Rob Rang and Dane Brugler, National Football Post analyst Russ Lande and Draft Tek's computer projection.
- • Brandt's pick: Alec Ogletree, Georgia inside linebacker
- • Brooks' pick: Mike Glennon, North Carolina State quarterback
- • Brugler's pick: Matt Barkley, USC quarterback
- • Draft Tek's pick: Keenan Allen, California wide receiver
- • Iyer's pick: Matt Barkley, USC quarterback
- • Jeremiah's pick: Dion Jordan, Oregon defensive end
- • Kiper's pick: Alec Ogletree, Georgia inside linebacker
- • Lande's pick: Ryan Nassib, Syracuse quarterback
- • McShay's pick: Geno Smith, West Virginia quarterback
- • Rang's pick: Tyler Wilson, Arkansas quarterback