By Tim Graham
A few days after the draft, Press Coverage took a gander at the Buffalo Bills' chances to have their first offensive rookie of the year since Dennis Shaw in 1970.
The Bills drafted three players that could start at positions that garner consideration: quarterback EJ Manuel and receivers Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin.
The betting public apparently likes Manuel's chances quite a bit.
The online betting site Sportsbook.com tweeted this morning that so much money has been wagered on Manuel that odds have shifted significantly.
Lot of action on EJ Manuel at 10/1 to win AP Rookie of Year, so moved to 6/1. bit.ly/bfEG8R— Sportsbook ® (@Sportsbook_com) June 5, 2013
That makes Manuel the No. 3 favorite behind the field at 2.5-to-1 and St. Louis Rams receiver Tavon Austin at 3-to-1.
The field would include Woods, Goodwin and Da'Rick Rogers because individual odds aren't posted on them.
- Field (any other player) 2.5-to-1
- Tavon Austin, Rams WR 3-to-1
- EJ Manuel, Bills QB 6-to-1
- Tyler Eifert, Bengals TE 8-to-1
- DeAndre Hopkins, Texans WR 8-to-1
- Eddie Lacy, Packers RB 10-to-1
- Geno Smith, Jets QB 10-to-1
- Giovani Bernard, Bengals RB 10-to-1
- Zach Ertz, Eagles TE 12-to-1
- Keenan Allen, Chargers WR 15-to-1
- Cordarrelle Patterson, Vikings WR 15-to-1
- Justin Hunter, Titans WR 15-to-1
- Matt Barkley, Eagles QB 20-to-1
- Marcus Lattimore, 49ers RB 25-to-1
taggedDa'Rick Rogers | EJ Manuel | Marquise Goodwin | Robert Woods