By Tim Graham
Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone needed half a minute this afternoon to rattle off all his team's injuries.
Did not practice
- Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin (hand)
- Wide receiver Stevie Johnson (hamstring)
- Guard Kraig Urbik (knee)
- Defensive end Mario Williams (ankle)
- Defensive tackler Kyle Williams (Achilles)
- Cornerback Stephon Gilmore (wrist)
- Cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hamstring)
- Cornerback Ron Brooks (foot)
- Kicker Dustin Hopkins (groin)
- Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus (ankle)
- Safety Jairus Byrd (feet)
- Running back C.J. Spiller (quadriceps)
- Guard Doug Legursky (knee)
Defensive end Alex Carrington had quadriceps surgery and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
Spiller and Mario Williams expressed confidence they'll play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens in Ralph Wilson Stadium.
"The biggest thing, I wasn't hesitant," Spiller said. "That was really going to be my biggest mental hurdle, if I was going to be hesitant on my cut, and I wasn't. I was able to push off it.
"Still some soreness in it, not completely where I want it to be. But I think by Sunday it'll be completely gone."
Kyle Williams had a rest day, and Marrone indicated his defensive line will remain intact.
"We're fine up front," Marrone said.
The secondary is in trouble. Marrone said, "Leodis is in the mix still, and it's day-to-day," but safety Aaron Williams (last year's coverage foil) and Justin Rogers (Sunday's coverage foil) were the first-team cornerbacks in practice today.
"We're going through different combinations, different combinations of schematics, man, zone, matchups," Marrone said. "We'll see what gives us the best opportunity to be successful. That process is going to be day-to-day."
taggedAaron Williams | Alex Carrington | C.J. Spiller | Doug Legursky | Doug Marrone | Dustin Hopkins | Jairus Byrd | Justin Rogers | Kraig Urbik | Kyle Williams | Leodis McKelvin | Mario Williams | Marquise Goodwin | Ron Brooks | Stephon Gilmore | Stevie Johnson