By Tim Graham
Two of the Buffalo Bills who didn't practice Wednesday are at risk of having long consecutive-games streaks snapped.
C.J. Spiller (ankle) has the NFL's fifth-longest streak for a running back:
- Justin Forsett, Jacksonville Jaguars 82
- Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans 71
- Anthony Dixon, San Francisco 49ers 55
- Toby Gerhart, Minnesota Vikings 53
- C.J. Spiller, Buffalo Bills 44
Bills coach Doug Marrone suggested Wednesday he might make the decision to hold Spiller out of Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome.
Marrone said Spiller's ankle had gotten worse compared to the same point last week. Spiller, however, told Buffalo News columnist Jerry Sullivan the ankle felt "10 times better."
Linebacker Manny Lawson (hamstring) also has the NFL's fifth-longest streak at his position:
- London Fletcher, Washington 246
- Stephen Tulloch, Detroit Lions 119
- Chad Greenway, Minnesota Vikings 102
- Curtis Lofton, New Orleans Saints 86
- Manny Lawson, Buffalo Bills 81
Marrone said Wednesday he expected Lawson to play Sunday, but the team wasn't ready to say so definitively.
Fletcher's streak began on opening day of his rookie season -- not bad for an undrafted Ohio Athletic Conference player -- and includes five seasons with the Bills.
Fletcher's streak is the longest for any position in the NFL by a vast margin. That includes punters and kickers.
Next closest is Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne, whose streak will end this week because of a season-ending knee injury. Wayne has played 57 fewer consecutive games, the equivalent of 3.6 seasons.
Other streaks of note:
- Baltimore Ravens cornerback and Turner-Carroll alum Corey Graham is second at 100 games (two behind Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback William Gay).
- Former Bills special-teamer John Wendling is second among safeties at 101 games (two behind Tennessee Titans safety Michael Griffin).
- Former Bills guard Andy Levitre is fourth (third in consecutive starts) at 71 games.
taggedAndy Levitre | C.J. Spiller | Corey Graham | London Fletcher | Manny Lawson