By Jay Skurski
Will the final real playoff team in the AFC please stand up (please stand up, please stand up).
The sixth and final postseason spot in the American Football Conference is wide open, and even at 4-7, the Buffalo Bills are not out of the race. The Bills have, however, burned up pretty much all of their mulligans, and will likely be forced to win out when they return from the bye week -- along with needing some help. Here's a look at the race for the final playoff spot, and what Bills fans should be hoping for today.
6. New York Jets (5-5) -- Hold the final playoff spot because of holding the tiebreaker over Miami based on record within division games.
Today: at Baltimore, 1 p.m. Bills fans should be hoping for a Baltimore victory over New York, because the Bills hold the first tiebreaker over the Ravens, which is a head-to-head victory.
7. Miami (5-5) -- vs. Carolina, 1 p.m. -- Bills fans should be all in on Cam Newton today.
8. Oakland (4-6) -- vs. Tennessee, 4:05 p.m.
9. Tennessee (4-6) -- at Oakland, 4:05 p.m. -- Oakland has the better conference record in this game, so that's one reason to consider pulling for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
10. Pittsburgh (4-6) -- at Cleveland, 1 p.m.
11. Baltimore (4-6) -- vs. New York Jets, 1 p.m.
12. Cleveland (4-6) -- vs. Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. -- Tough one here. Both the Browns and Steelers have the first tiebreaker on the Bills.
13. San Diego (4-6) -- at Kansas City, 1 p.m. -- Alex Smith and Co. should have Buffalo's support.
14. Buffalo (4-7) -- BYE.
Assuming there are no ties, the Bills will lose ground to at least three teams based on today's matchups. As the standings show, there are a lot of teams between them and the sixth spot. In games where there is a clear rooting interest, however, Bills fans should be pulling for the Ravens, Panthers and Chiefs.