By Tim Graham
The Buffalo Bills lost another free agent.
Kyle Moore, a surprise performer last year on a disappointing defensive front, signed a one-year contract Monday with the Chicago Bears.
Moore, despite being inactive the first four games, started seven straight games in November and December. Moore made 24 tackles, three for losses. He notched the first three sacks of his career.
Analytics website ProFootballFocus.com rated Moore 25th in pass-rushing among all 4-3 defensive ends who played at least 25 percent of their teams' snaps. The site tallied 23 quarterback hurries for Moore, tying him for 30th in the NFL.
Moore had arthroscopic knee surgery in January, but a source informed The Buffalo News the Bills wanted to re-sign him. But last month's acquisition of linebacker Manny Lawson might have made Moore expendable.
Moore was a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fourth-round draft choice in 2009 and eventually landed on the Detroit Lions' practice squad, from where the Bills plucked him in November 2011.
An update accounting of the comings and goings on Buffalo's roster in free agency:
Players who have re-signed
- • Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson
- • Running back Tashard Choice
- • Tight end Dorin Dickerson
- • Colin Brown
- • Linebacker Bryan Scott
- • Cornerback Leodis McKelvin
Players whose rights have been retained
- • Tight end Mike Caussin
- • Safety Jairus Byrd
Players who have joined
- • Quarterback Kevin Kolb
- • Defensive tackle Alan Branch
- • Linebacker Manny Lawson
Players who have departed
- • Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick (Tennessee Titans)
- • Wide receiver Donald Jones (New England Patriots)
- • Wide receiver David Nelson (Cleveland Browns)
- • Guard Andy Levitre (Tennessee Titans)
- • Guard Chad Rinehart (San Diego Chargers)
- • Defensive end Chris Kelsay (retired)
- • Defensive end Shawne Merriman (retired)
- • Defensive end Kyle Moore (Chicago Bears)
- • Linebacker Nick Barnett
- • Cornerback Terrence McGee
- • Safety George Wilson (Tennessee Titans)