By John Vogl
John Scott is OK with his seven-game suspension for hitting Loui Eriksson. He's not fine with how the head shot was portrayed by television announcer Pierre McGuire.
Scott said today he will not appeal the ban issued Thursday for connecting with the head of Boston's high-scoring forward last week.
"I’m just going to stick with what the league gave me," Scott said in First Niagara Center. "Hopefully, the issue will die and we can move on from there."
Scott will serve his fifth game of the suspension tonight when the Sabres host Anaheim.
The 6-foot-8 enforcer said he will be more responsible and err on the side of caution in the future, but he was not happy with how the hit was initially portrayed by NBC Sports' McGuire during the national telecast Oct. 23.
"I don’t think it was a late hit at all," Scott said. "I think Pierre McGuire shooting his mouth off right after the hit kind of got that in a lot of people’s minds. He went from, 'It’s a late hit, it’s an elbow, it’s a high hit, it’s a dirty hit.' He kind of was just throwing out all these different things just hopefully one will stick. It wasn’t a late hit. It was just kind of an unfortunate circumstance."