Skip to primary navigation Skip to main content

Sabres' letter to season-ticket holders explaining 4 percent price increase, SabreBuck rebate

By John Vogl

The Sabres have mailed their season-ticket holders a letter informing them of a 4 percent price increase for the 2014-15 season. Here is the text of the letter.

May 6, 2014

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As the Buffalo Sabres move forward with the 2013-14 season in the rearview mirror, I want to sincerely thank you for your patience and loyalty in a year that proved to be extremely trying for everyone in Sabres Nation. Be assured that we found this season to be unacceptable and we share in your frustration. It is the passion and continued devotion to this team shown by our incredible fans – including our 16,000 Season Ticket Holders and the additional 2,900 members of the Blue & Gold Club – that inspires us to work harder to become a better organization and advance toward our goal of winning the Stanley Cup.

Last season, we made concerted efforts to engage with our Season Ticket Holders to hear your concerns, field your questions, and listen to your many ideas for the future. It was a pleasure to meet and receive feedback from more than 3,500 of you through Meet the President, VIP Rope Line and Season Ticket Holder suite upgrade events prior to home games, focus-group sessions and online surveys. As a Season Ticket Holder, you are an essential investor in the Sabres organization and your input was vital to us as we made our plans for 2014-15. We will continue these engagement opportunities in the future and I look forward to meeting many more of you.

Enclosed with this letter is a summary of Season Ticket Holder benefits and your invoice for the 2014-15 season. You will notice that the price of your tickets has increased by roughly 4% from last season. As we carefully considered our options, it became clear that a modest price increase would be necessary in part to keep pace with league-wide revenue growth to fully qualify for the League’s revenue sharing benefits agreed upon in the latest Collective Bargaining Agreement.

As a sign of our appreciation for your continued loyalty, we are pleased to offer Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to offset the price increase with an additional 4% rebate added to your SabreBucks card on top of the 2.5% that you already receive, increasing your total rebate to 6.5% for next season. This renewal incentive will be credited to all Season Ticket Holders who renew their accounts by June 23, effectively erasing the price increase completely. As always, you can use your SabreBucks at First Niagara Center concession stands and at the Sabres Store; however, the SabreBucks card will be even more versatile next season, with the ability to use your SabreBucks at HARBORCENTER, which will open this fall.

On behalf of the entire Buffalo Sabres organization, thank you again for your continued dedication to our team. We are expecting this to be another productive offseason as we continue to build the Sabres into Stanley Cup contenders. We look forward to seeing you in 2014-15 and having your continued support as we look to the future.

Sincerely,

John Sinclair

VP of Tickets & Services, Buffalo Sabres

comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement
John Vogl

John Vogl

John Vogl has been covering the Sabres since 2002-03, an era that has included playoff runs, last-place finishes and three ownership changes. The award-winning writer is the Buffalo chapter chairman for the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association.

@BuffNewsVogl | jvogl@buffnews.com

About Sabres Edge


Mike Harrington

Mike Harrington

Mike Harrington, a Canisius College graduate who began his career as a News reporter in 1987, has been covering the Buffalo Sabres since 2007. He is a member of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association and can vouch that exposed flesh freezes instantly when walking in downtown Winnipeg in January.

@BNHarrington | mharrington@buffnews.com


Amy Moritz

Amy Moritz

Amy Moritz, a native of Lockport, has a bachelor’s degree in journalism/mass communication from St. Bonaventure University and a master’s degree in humanities from the University at Buffalo. An endurance athlete, she has completed several triathlons, half marathons and marathons.

@amymoritz | amoritz@buffnews.com

Subscribe

Advertisement