Six candidates are vying for four seats in Eden. They are: Brian Burgstahler (i), Steven Cerne (i), Robert J. Reed, R. Colin Campbell, Michael Breeden, and Peter Duringer.
Here is a profile provided by one candidate:
1. STEVEN CERNE
I am seeking re-election because I want to take part in ensuring my children and all the other children in the district receive the quality education that I believe provides the foundation for a successful and fulfilling future. My own time attending Eden schools, participating in clubs, sports and the school musical has been fundamental in preparing me for my life and career.
• Education should be a balance that allows for the development of students through not only academics but also through other important influences such as athletics, the arts, clubs and extracurricular activities.
• Education should provide an opportunity for each child to reach their greatest potential whether addressing the needs of the developmentally challenged or stimulating those already academically excelling to reach even greater heights.
• Education must be delivered in a way that balances the needs of students while effectively dealing with limited resources. The delivery of that education should be guided by open communication with the community.
Background and Qualifications
• MBA with concentrations in operations and accounting, Carnegie Mellon University • Bachelors in Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee • Certified Financial Planner • 20 years’ experience in helping large, complex organizations make change
Facilitating solutions with all levels of companies including CEOs and Boards
Analyzing businesses for strategic & operational improvement opportunities
Training organizations on leadership development
Expert on change management
• Consultant to the UB 2020 Program • Eden School Board member, 2008-present • Past President of the Eden School Board• Recipient of Erie County School Board Association’s Rising Star Award • Eden Community Center, Board Member • Eden Community Foundation, Grants Committee • Eden Chamber of Commerce, Member • Graduate of Eden Central High School—Student Council President, Varsity Club, National Honor Society, multiple varsity letters, cast of school play, Regents Scholar • Two children currently attending Eden Elementary School