Say, what happened to 75 and sunny? I could have gotten used to that sort of fall running weather. It was also a good time to go on vacation, but now I'm back and ready to run again ... just in time for the cold snap that's coming soon.
Here's the weekend schedule, courtesy of buffalorunners.com:
* ECMC Lifeline Foundation WNY Runs for Heroes 5K, Delaware Park in Bufflalo, 10 a.m. Saturday, 898-5881. (NOTE: THIS RACE HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR A WEEK, DUE TO THE BAD WEATHER FORECAST.)
* Pumpkin Run 5K, 6350 Main St. in Williamsville, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, 783-3356. This course is used for the Tops 5K run in August.
* Dr. Richard Sarkin Memorial 5K, Albright Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo, 10:30 a.m. Saturday, 713-0769.
* Ridge Walk and Run, various distances, Alfred State College in Wellsville, 8 a.m. Sunday, (585) 593-5080.
* BobKat 5K, 218 Aqua Lane Park in Town of Tonawanda, 10 a.m. today, 725-7414. I believe the race director sang the national anthem last year. Let's see if he is up for an encore.
--- Budd Bailey