‘Twas the night before Tebow, and all through the land, not a racetrack was stirring, must be time to queue up the band. The stockings were hung by the backside with care, in hopes that the Post Time wish list soon would be there. And here it is!
Here are a few of my racing wishes for 2012:
* To NYRA, I wish a Triple Crown hopeful will grace Big Sandy in June, which will lead to a packed house and renewed energy for our sport.
* To ThoroFan, the non-profit racing fan association, a few hundred new members and new chapters springing up in racing hotbeds throughout the States.
* To Pimlico, a fresh coat of paint and that the press elevator doesn’t fail on Preakness weekend.
* To Aqueduct, some slots money to spruce up the Big A on the racing side of the plant.
* To Santa Anita Park, a successful Breeders’ Cup 2012, where they all come home safe.
* To the NBC Sports Networks, super television ratings for the Derby prep season and through the Triple Crown season, for taking a chance on our sport.
* To Buffalo Raceway, good weather and good racing when their season starts next month.
* To the Fort Erie Race Track, that the Queen’s Plate winner shows up this year.
* To Churchill Downs, a safe Derby and a dry weekend on the First Saturday in May.
* To the purported leaders of our sport, that you start to work together to make our sport significant again (and stagger post times on the big race days so the big races aren’t going off within minutes of each other).
* To Every Racing Fan, that you bring a friend to the track this year whom has never been.
* To my account deposit wagering account, a couple signers wouldn’t be such a bad gift.
Have a great holiday!