Travel note: I had a nice run on Thursday morning overlooking Keuka Lake in Penn Yan. The sky and the water were both appropriately blue. Try it sometime if you are in that part of the world; I had not been there before.
Closer to home, it's a busy weekend in running. Here's the rundown, from buffalorunners.com:
* Lakeview Field Day 5K Run, Center St. in Lakeview, 8 a.m. Saturday, 698-4005.
* Tuscarora Nation 10K Run, Tuscarora Indian School (Walmore and Mt. Hope), 9 a.m. Saturday, 940-0582. We still need to spread out the 10K races around here ...
* Tom Drake Memorial 5K Thunderbird Club Run, Mayville Lakeside Park, Route 394 in Mayville, 9 a.m. Saturday, 607-0328.
* Bonafest 5K, St. Bonaventure University (west entrance), 9 a.m. Saturday, 790-0056. Lots of early races this weekend.
* Tim Frank Memorial Canal Fest, 4 miles, 325 Franklin St. in Tonawanda, 510-3971. I've done this race several times, and it's always a good one.
-- Budd Bailey