Representatives from several companies will speak Thursday afternoon in Buffalo at a panel discussion on pursuing a career in the life sciences, advanced manufacturing or other high-tech industries.
The Superior Group and the University at Buffalo’s New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences are hosting the event from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. in Roswell Park Cancer Institute’s Center for Genetics and Pharmacology, 701 Ellicott St.
The group of panelists will talk about the many jobs available in the region’s life sciences, biomedical and advanced manufacturing sectors, from the entry level to those that require advanced degrees.
The panelists are:
- Grant Carr, senior director of lead discovery at Albany Molecular Research Inc.
- Lyn Dyster, senior vice president of operations, Kinex Pharmaceuticals
- Bridget Russo, vice president of talent acquisition and development at Catholic Health System
- Emily Martin, human resource specialist at Graphic Controls
- Melissa Stephan, senior human resources generalist from Harmac Medical Products Inc.
The moderator is Steve Kimmel-Hurt, account manager at Superior Group. Anyone interested in attending the panel discussion must register by 3 p.m. Thursday at superior2013.eventbrite.com.
---Stephen T. Watson